Weaving and Fiber Festival
Fiber Fun for Creative People
Sunday May 19, 2019
10am - 4pm
Torrance Cultural Arts Center
3330 Civic Center Drive
Torrance CA 90503
The only Los Angeles-area weaving and fiber festival, welcoming fiber enthusiasts of all ages to a day of great shopping and fiber fun.
This year's WeFF features:
- Family-friendly demos: Weave a mug rug or a beaded necklace. Learn the secrets of an inkle (not ankle) loom. Add colorful stripes on a floor loom. The fabric you help make will go to create stuffed bunnies and bears to comfort children in need.
- Luscious yarns and fantastic gear from top fiber-arts vendors
- Gorgeous handwovens: scarves, towels, placemats, and more in our members' boutique (perfect for gifts!)
- Yarn, books, and equipment bargains galore at our Weftovers sale
- Silent auction and raffle
- Members' fashion show of fabulous handwoven garments
PLUS an exciting lineup of workshops for fiber enthusiasts of all levels of experience. Register for a workshop and get a free WeFF admission.
- Make Dorset buttons with Deborah Jarchow
- Take a “speed dating” color course with Cameron Taylor-Brown
- Weave a wall hanging with Paige Kent
- Dye “faux ikat” warps with Kathleen Waln
- Try ply splitting with Claudia Buchinsky
- Build your own inkle loom with Matt Postrel
Click to register for a workshop.
Workshop registrations sold separately. Register for a workshop and get WeFF admission free.
Free Parking, entrance from Madrona Avenue.
Admission $6 (cash only or buy in advance online)
Lunch available for purchase.
Print out a flyer.
11:30am – Lunch service begins
12:45pm – First Raffle Drawing* followed by first Silent Auction
2:00pm – Fashion Show
3:00pm – Last Raffle Drawing* followed by second Silent Auction
*You must be present to win.
If you want to be on our mailing list for information regarding Weaving and Fiber Festival, click here.
If you are a vendor, contact WeFF Vendors.
For more information, email WeFF Coordinator.